What is CBD oil
Cannabidiol, more popularly known as CBD has been associated with a number of medical benefits today. It has been proven to host medicinal properties treating various conditions including epilepsy, cancer, and anxiety. These properties have seen the product gain high popularity in the medical field.
Where do we get it
Cbd oil, on the other hand, is a product of the hemp plant. It has the properties of CBD itself and has been used by various doctors to treat various medical conditions. Though the use of marijuana is in some states illegal, CBD oil is not. Marijuana has high concentrations of THC which is responsible for giving the user a high that may cause some erratic behaviors. Cbd oil, on the other hand, has low levels of THC making it perfect for its medicinal therapeutic properties. Apart from high cannabidiol levels, CBD oil has various vitamins, nutrients, and minerals as well.
As mentioned above, there are a number of medical benefits associated with CBD oil making it popular among various groups of patients. Here is an overview of some of its benefits
- Pain relief- various terminal illnesses, eg. Cancer, are associated with chronic pain ranging from muscles, back and other organs. CBD oil has proven analgesic properties that make it ideal for treatment of such symptoms. It does this by disrupting neural activity temporarily. This is a welcome solution in cases where painkillers may no longer work as they should.
- Lowers inflammation- some conditions such as arthritis have symptoms that result in inflammation of various body organs. CBD oil, in this case, offers welcome relief in reducing inflammation. This is the same case with injuries and other accidents that may cause inflammations.
- Reduces anxiety- most psychological issues such as stress may yield anxiety. These symptoms can be treated using CBD oil. CBD oil in this case simply increases the production of positive hormones promoting a feel-good sense. As such, the user can easily relax and be in the proper state of mind. Arguments on paranoia caused by marijuana are however attributed to the high levels of THC. THC is known to have psychotropic properties.
- Cancer prevention- various studies have shown great strides in the prevention of cancer using CBD oil. Cannabidiol has anti-mutagenic properties which can be used to combat cancers. In multiple studies, The use of CBD oil has lead to the reduction and in some cases elimination of cancerous cells. The anti-mutagenic properties lower the chances of getting cancer.
- Treats epilepsy- epilepsy affects a significant number of people in our society. Various studies have shown that the use o CBD oil helps alter the physical and neural properties leading to the elimination of the condition.
- Boosts immune system- cannabidiol has been associated with the treatment of overactive immune systems. Use of CBD oil minimizes the risks of being affected by allergies and other trivial medical conditions
- Appetite- much as the use of marijuana shows, CBD oil helps improve a patients appetite. This may come in handy to patients or persons who have issues with low appetite.
Cbd oil has an endless list of benefits including The reduction of drug relapses, Improvement of heart health, Controlling diabetes, Skincare and curing insomnia among others.
What is it used for
On doctor’s advice, CBD oil can be used for any of the above reasons. It can be taken in form of capsules, creams, pastes sprays, sublingual supplements, and sweets among other forms. In the recent past, persons using CBD oil have preferred the use of vaping pens to do this. The technology is highly similar to e-cigarettes making it ideal for personal use.
As mentioned above, there is an unlimited number of medical benefits associated with cannabidiol. Some of the benefits are merely speculations while most are proven. The use of CBD is however guaranteed to be for the better. The low levels of THC assure the users do not get the psychotic disadvantages associated with marijuana while at the same time getting all the therapeutic advantage.
The use of the product should, however, be under doctors instructions to avoid an overdose or negative effects. Medical marijuana has been a part of medicine for years now, CBD oil is an extension of the same approach in medicine.